So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Monday, January 13, 2020

Poem: January 12, 2020

This Is How We're Supposed to Be

Even trees are more air than tree,
but don't they seem to fill their spaces,
reaching out all at once, breaking out
into every direction, and opening wide
with leafy palms to breathe and feel
the rain and sun, to be as big as they
can be, and to cast a dancing shadow
that grows larger than themselves,
arms up and out, an athletic stance,
and don't they dig themselves deep
into the ground, spreading their roots
all around, out as far as life allows,
going where the soil goes, searching
for their edges, stretching with their toes,
and don't you love that even though
there's so much earth and so much air,
it still seems the tree is everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...