So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Friday, December 9, 2022

Poem: December 9, 2022

Lost and Found


If it’s true that in this world

of cell phones, and satellites, and GPS,

of FInd My iPhone and Find My Friends, 

location services,

virtual assistants, 

and facial recognition,


If it’s true nothing can be truly lost,

then it is true as well that nothing can be found,


Or newly found- no new

discovery around the bend, no new

friend or beautiful stone, or missing piece

that hasn’t already been viewed on YouTube

at least a few times, 

no place one could find oneself 

that Google hasn’t mapped

or that passing spy cams can’t access– 

the eyes that capture, the eyes that trap.


Searching is not the searching of the past.

Clicking fingers, scrolling screens focus, track.


And finding lacks a certain pleasure, 

The treasure of found objects

And unexpected art. 


Imagine what we’ve lost.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...