So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Monday, January 2, 2023

Poem: January 1, 2023

New Year’s Day

Today the work

is imagining the days ahead-

a waking dream in which

we wander through our hopes

for ourselves and let loose

this crusty psychological 

accumulation.


Today is a long stretch

Of a day. Today is 

a warm cat napping in our lap.

Today is a tall glass of clear water,

effortless and essential,

a winding tide that laps

at the best and gentle part of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...