So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Poem: January 7, 2020

Easy to Forget

I want you to love this work
despite all that refuses to recommend it.

I want you to see past the rows,
the cinder block and snotty noses,
the stacks and stacks of boxes to be checked.

I want you to refuse to see any tool,
any map, any protocol or strategy,
as a solution to your complex problem.

There is no solution. There is no problem.

I want you to spend these precious days
in the company of young souls,
in the presence of hope, unscrewing
the caps of jars full of wonder,
rediscovering surprise and wide-open eyes.

I want you to kneel before the mysteries
of blank pages and the open doors
that form the beginnings of all these lives,

and I want you to cry joyous tears,
surrounded as you are by the carbonated
alchemy of mind work, the magic of synapse,
the ancient artifacts and lore and mystic dance.

I want you to adore your holy rites,
your proximity to the pulsing human core.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...