So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Monday, November 25, 2019

Poem: November 23, 2019

A Dream I Had

If only every walk was a walk
with friends on wide, down-hill
paths on quiet property with great
shade trees and mossy stones on
which to sit, and as we walked,
if the sun would shine down, green,
filtered through the canopy, and we
were free of plans but not of purpose,
so that when we came upon a barn,
painted blue and full of room, we
would see a future there together
and fall easy into it with only
the tools we have at hand and
nothing on our backs, nothing we've
carried in from the world behind us,
nothing owed or spoken for, no
chance for storms on the horizon,
no words that take the form of cages.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...