So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Poem: September 17, 2019

Mission Statement

All I want to do is use
my hands to build a better
place, a garden, a library,
an airy and safe space that
can inspire everyone to
breathe and roll up their
sleeves and build an even
better place beside mine
and on top of mine. I want
my hands to lay foundation.

And to use my voice to
paint promises that others
love and want to help to
keep. I want to sing a song
that invites all harmonies,
that brings forth visions
and variations on visions,
that is as muscular as an
anthem and as hopeful as
a hymn, that fills spaces.

And to use my eyes to see
everyone as myself, near
as a reflection, closer even,
an opportunity to love and
understand, to grow and to
become wise. I want my
eyes to open doors and
offer solace, to connect
myself like tissue, to throw
a line and feel it tugging.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...