So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Poem: August 27, 2019

Inflexible

People who can touch their toes,
or their palms to the floor, frustrate
me no end. I bend about as well
as a concrete block, my hands
barely reaching my knees before
my hamstrings protest and my
legs fold rather than suffer another
millimeter of stretch, and if this
was a metaphor, I would have to
feel ashamed, but it's not and
I don't and you can't make me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: September 17, 2026

Beater You move your arm a particular way and feel the slice of age in your shoulder that you hyperextended in a fit of ambition Saturday at...