So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Poem: August 28, 2019

Aujourd'hui, Je Veux être Tranquille

Aujourd'hui, je veux être tranquille,
assis sur un petit balcon au-dessus
de Paris, avec des géraniums en pot
à côté de moi sur une table en fer forgé.
Une tasse de café. Un livre de poésie
sur mes genoux. Des sons lointains,
comme des rêves, flottant dans les airs.

Today, I want to be quiet,
sitting on some small balcony
above Paris, with potted geraniums
beside me on a wrought iron table.
A cup of coffee. A book of poetry
in my lap. Faraway sounds,
like dreams, floating in the air.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...