So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Poem: July 29, 2019

A Few Thoughts on Being 50

At this point, I think I want
my doctors to be about my age.

I try to be humble, but I know
when I am right.

I'm noticing I'm no less right
than most, more right than some.

My scale calls me chubby.

My wife calls me grouchy.

I feel neither chubby nor grouchy.

I find I enjoy drifting in and out
of sleep. I don't avoid sleep.
I don't indulge sleep.

I still prefer money on my
birthday and toys at Christmas.

I have to really look to see
my reflection.

My guess would be that I have
eaten more tacos than burgers
in my 50 years on Earth.

I like the idea of riding my bike.

Love is to be created.

My ego makes me work too hard.
My heart makes hard work fun.

Some things I say yes to, I ought to
say no to. The opposite is also true.

I want to be prolific.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...