So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Poem: July 13, 2019

We Need a Code Word

So that one day, if I missed you
while sitting at my desk at work,
I could text you that word, and
we would both know it was time
to gather our things and leave
early for the day and meet at
home where we would throw
together a suitcase, leave out
the big bowls for the cats, and
make arrangements for the kids,
and not an hour after my text,
be on our way to some quiet
place with decent food and a
view of nature, and I would be
just yours and you would be
just mine for a night, maybe
a weekend, and wouldn't we
smile and remember to hold
hands, and wouldn't we look
more closely at each other, and
wouldn't we fall back in together
like a sigh, and wouldn't it feel
just like cool water on our skin?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...