So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Poem: May 30, 2019

Food for Thought

My thoughts linger over tomatoes
right off the vine and split open
and dripping into the cucumber salad,

and they find themselves drifting
easily into the steamy, spicy cloud
that gathers above the pan when I am
frying bell peppers and onions,

and let's be honest, a honeycrisp
apple slice run through creamy
peanut butter will turn the eyes
of anyone's thoughts, or pair
that same apple with smoked
almonds or earthy gorgonzola

and oh mama, our thoughts should
not be held responsible for themselves.

My thoughts these days are more
likely to frequent the richer spaces
where a threesome of steak and
dark chocolate and pinot noir
can be had, but they aren't above
slumming it with a Twinkie
or a frozen pizza now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...