So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Friday, May 24, 2019

Poem: May 24, 2019

Slow Day

Nothing I thought was very big today.
Just how the heat wears through us so
quickly; also, that someone needs to
pick up their shoes and put them where
they belong, even shoes have places
to belong; and to de-claw a cat may be
cruel, but tell that to the furniture, tell
that to the version of me who will one
day hate the ripped upholstery and have
to buy new furniture, and paint, and
probably re-carpet, and the day will
likely be hot that day; and everyone,
really, has lovely eyes that sparkle. All
eyes sparkle- those of daughters, and
cats, and carpet installers. I have eyes
that sparkle; and that everyone can read
a poet's mind; and given time in a quiet
room, thinking becomes tethered dreaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...