So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Friday, May 14, 2021

Poem: May 11th, 2021

Friday Afternoon and My Classroom Is Empty

And of course it would be better

if you were here, laughing and

asking wild questions and

taking selfies to post on Snapchat

when you think I’m not looking.


You text, while we wrote notes we would

pass in the hallways between classes.

Not so much has changed. Has anyone

ever remained engaged in Act IV 

of Romeo and Juliet for an entire 40 minutes?


Still, it is nice to sit here in this

silent aftermath, this pen in my hand

and some things to think about without you.

You know how it is. We live inside our own

minds while the world dances around us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...