So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Poem: May 10th, 2021

 A Weird Poem About Being Under the Influence of COVID

This is how I feel

after my second COVID shot:

I feel hot, but not so hot

as to say I have a fever.


My body aches enough

that I find it difficult

to do my stuff, to concentrate

on much of anything


for any amount of time.

But, really, I’m fine.

I like to keep in mind that

at least I did my part.


I have this great pain

throbbing in my upper-arm,

but to borrow from Hypocrates,

“First, I did no harm.”


And if that means I’ve saved

The life of some self-important,

blind, crude, deluded, spitting,

Anti-Masking freedom-infant,


then, okay, I saved a life.

But that was not my point-

So easy to get lost in

the tired fog of COVID-


I just want to go to Disney World.

But not today, not the way

I’m feeling in this moment,

not when my thoughts stray away from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...