So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Poem: April 17, 2019

At the Edge

Every moment
an eighteen-year-old kid lives
is like a deep breath.

On a summer night,
a warm car hood and fireflies,
whiskey and the stars.

Sexuality-
a wild charge between their legs,
a heartbeat, a catch.

Playing with limits
that they blow past and kick up
like dust, like nothing.

All dark red petals.
All gas pedals and motor oil.
Garden and garage.

When you hold a bomb,
the finer details are lost.
It's just that one thing,

as live as a wire,
as long as a starlit night,
rubbed raw, exhausted.

Young people play their
music so loud so they don't
hear the ticking clock.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...