So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Poem: January 2, 2026

Worn, Reworn


I would go exploring

on a green and stony trail.


Downward, downward

to a time when I


was so much smaller,

eight or nine,


into cool limestone and

the prickle-smell of pine,


and the thump-thump

of my steady steps


that pull back and

release forward, fighting


and chasing the slope,

deeper into the wonder


of a remembered world

I’ve suddenly never touched before.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: September 17, 2026

Beater You move your arm a particular way and feel the slice of age in your shoulder that you hyperextended in a fit of ambition Saturday at...