So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Poem: August 30, 2021

Mindset (10 Rules Poem)

Black umbrellas bloom

in this cold morning

rain like anxiety or


hopelessness taking root

and curling me up 

into a monstrous ball.


I’m headed to school


in plodding boots

against a current that

is flowing homeward.


I’m as soggy and

limp as old cornflakes.

I am floating cold.


I am Frodo, burdened

in my darkness,

trodding toward Mt. Doom.


But black thoughts bloom

because I am capable

of dreams. I’m free


to see umbrellas or

anxiety, or...flowers-

festivals or funerals.


I’m eating my words 

either way, be they

cornflakes or tomato soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...