So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Poem: August 26, 2021

Pacing Guide

Let’s make an accounting

of what we will let go and

what we will keep. I will keep


the days when one of us

misspeaks and we laugh

because messing up is funny.


And I will let go of feeling

important because I am known

instead of because I am here.


I will keep the lessons 

that feel like conversations,

but not the ones that feel


like the middle of an empty room. 

I will let go of the hoops through

which I am prone to jump.


I will keep an easy stride,

a gentle tone, a slow going.

I will keep my focus on this road.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...