So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Poem: January 1, 2020

Inhale

Today,
New Year's Day,
I will be

light gray,
like linen,
like cool ocean

spray, faded,
ethereal,
worn away.

I will be
a deep breath,
at rest.

A thought or
a prayer
that drifts away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: September 17, 2026

Beater You move your arm a particular way and feel the slice of age in your shoulder that you hyperextended in a fit of ambition Saturday at...