So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Poem: December 18, 2019

Be the Stream

The plumber fixed the water heater
in about ten minutes and charged us
$138.91 for the trouble. He said that
the thermal coupling had stopped
doing its job (which is a thing that,
I learned, tells the heater to give it
some gas). He might as well have
said Your main flux-T oscillator had
rotted due to its proximity to the ion
pulse modulator, which is common
in these older heaters. I wouldn't
have known the difference. I was
just glad to have dodged a bigger
thousand-dollar bullet right before
the holidays. You can get hung up
on lots of possible cosmic injustices
until you find out your problems are
just caused by a bit of built-up soot.
$138.91 is big, but not so big, and
a warm shower makes all the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...