So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Monday, October 21, 2019

Poem: October 14, 2019

To My Children

I wish for you a world as real
as the ones you find in books,
in which even boredom serves
its purpose and pain and loss
are overcome. I wish you a life
in which you can be heroic and
vital, charming and well-loved,
in which journeys are important
and oceans can be crossed, and
dragons are slayable, and truths
are knowable. I wish that your
world is filled with people who
are worth knowing and fights
that are worth having. That 
doors open and lead you into
the places that need your help.
That your friends are loyal and
your shaken faith can be restored.
I wish you a world you can't put
down, a world you return to 
and hold in your devoted hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...