So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Monday, May 13, 2019

Poem: May 12, 2019

Mother's Day

I have my Mom's hair
and her restless hands, 
her webbed toes, and
her taste for wine, and 
I age slow just like my
Mom. I go, go, go. And
I've got her achy hips
and her love of lists 
and her need to be the
life of every party. I
like to make things
because she makes 
things, and we both 
like to make big plans.
If I have a flair, a kind
of panache, she did that.
If I tell stories, she told
them first. We are just
two motors running, 
two minds planning 
two moves ahead, two
hands ready to put 
things into the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...