So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Poem: April 6, 2109

Hard Up Blues

You know I'm in the mood, girl, for a trip around your bend.
Yes, you know I'm in the mood for a trip around your bend.
Let me slip around your corner and then bring it back again.

It's been way too long since you cast your shadow across my face.
It's been a month if it's been a minute since your shadow crossed my face.
We could play long chords in the afternoon. Play your treble against my bass.

CHORUS
There's a time to throw the switch, and I believe that time is now.
Can't you see the red lights flashing? The ringing bells? The time is now.
We've held the curtain for far too long, so come on out and take a bow.

Woman, I see you in the kitchen, but it's the bedroom that's on my mind.
Yes, you're standing in the kitchen, but I've got the bedroom on my mind.
If I can't have you in the bedroom, then the basement will do just fine.

When you come home in the evening, I can't wait to hold you tight.
I imagine every evening a new way to hold you tight.
I want to feel your whole body touching me when I go to turn off the light.

CHORUS

It can be hard to sustain our breath while our fingers play the tune.
You know you might just catch your breath while my fingers play the tune.
But just keep pounding out the rhythm and howling at the moon.

Can you hear my heartbeat calling, echoing inside my chest?
You have to hear my heartbeat calling you from deep inside my chest.
I can feel the earth is trembling and this wave is about to crest.

CHORUS


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...