So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Monday, April 8, 2019

Poem: April 3, 2019

Water Flows

Your new tattoo says Water Flows,
an Atwood quote of which you are fond,
and a truism, I joke, since one might
just as easily have said Water is Wet,
and yet I understand your meaning,
your intention to go forward, to go
where you want, surely, through or
over or around. You are calling on
old gods, using sympathetic magic
and ink, calling up your own power
not to be sunk, but to, in fact, sink
the obstacles foolish enough to place
themselves in the path of your slow
and patient and terrible force, your flow.
And who am I if not the stone placed
steadfast and stubborn at the center
of your river, the foolish and worn
optimist who tries to divide or redirect,
caught up in awe of all of your moving?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...