So the purpose of this blog is to be a space to practice creativity. I am currently using it as a place to record a single, unedited poem for each day in 2019. While I attempt to write everyday, I may not actually post daily. Instead, I will post poems as they are completed, but one for everyday of the year. Not sure I can make it, but we'll see. It's fun to try regardless :)

Friday, March 1, 2019

Poem: February 28, 2019

Out of Your Mouth

You put the fun in fundamentalist
and the gun in begun, and I bet
you put a tan in Satan and
the can in French Canadian. And
that girl has a twinkle that seems
to wink, suggesting that she puts
the hair in chair and the lashes
in clashes and the ow in power.
Ask and she'll say we put the us
in muscle and calculus because
I'm known to put the ink in think
and, yes, I put the miles in smiles,
and both the leg and the ego in LEGO,
and the pass and the ion in passion.
I also know a guy who puts the tit
in petition and the tat in potato who
has friends, Tom and Mat who put
the tom and mat in tomato, and
all three put something in cucumber
that...um...goes without saying.
And I heard your sister puts the dang
in danger and the oh in O Holy Night.
And there has to be someone who
puts the ex in extreme or feels
the deep and abiding loss in floss.
I like when I find folks who are
as near as the near in linear, who
stand out like the spark in sparkle,
or fire my engines like the lust
in luster or the must in spicy mustard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poem: March 12, 2024

No One I run until I am invisible and free from the tendrils of the day and the treadmill and the others who fill this space, free of my gho...